Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Little Too Personal

I have a friend who has committed herself to calling me and being active with me. LOVE IT! So over the weekend we played a little tennis and went on an unintentional 3-4 mile walk. I'll be honest and say she was pretty BOSS at tennis and I didn't have to run all that much. I however, made her run all over the place, because well... I don't play tennis.

I suppose she got "payback" the next day when she suggested going for a walk at one of my FAVE parks. I started with the thought that it would be a nice walk. I was going to spend mother's day with the fam afterwards so I wore a cotton dress and my flops. When I said walk I meant, a lazy fun walk around the beach kind of walk. Ev however was being quiet ambitious.

I used to run at this park, years ago, but many things had changed so when Ev thought it would be just as quick to go around instead of turning around I agreed. MISTAKE! 1 hour later, 3 1/2 miles in a dress and flops, my thighs were aching. Though I jokingly kept walking as though I had ridden a horse, my thighs stung from the continuous rubbing.

Oh dear ones. Revenge was Ev's cause my thighs were flaming! I mean take a cool bath to cool them down flaming. I mean take an Aleve to ease my pain flaming. I mean wear biker shorts so my legs won't touch flaming. Today, 3 days later, the flaming sensation is gone and the bike shorts are away.

Reason number 486 why letting go of my extra baggage is genius! 

No comments:

Post a Comment