Sunday, May 15, 2011

Are you a vegetarian?

So a few months ago my dad made a roast. It was super yummy until it wasn't super yummy. What made it lose its yumminess?

Well, clearly I know that meat comes from an animal. There is no meat tree out there. It's one thing to know it and another to see it. Mid way through chowing down on this "yummy" roast I saw something a meat eater shouldn't see. I saw a tube, a vien, a vessle, an artery. So, with the investigative mind that I have I cut around it and pulled it out. GROSS. Then I cut through it. GROSSER. And still caked  in it was the animal's blood. GROSSEST! That ended my debate over eating read meat. Check. Done. Finito.

I have generally said I would be a vegetarian were it not for bacon. I love bacon. It's disgusting to some I know, but I just can't get enough of it, well, until now. You see, Friday I subbed at a school that was having a pig roast. Cool enough I thought. But when I walked in I didn't expect to see a litral roasted pig, butterflied out on a table with a man with tongs just pulling meat out of the carcass. My stomach churns even now to think of it. So, now that I've seen that, I'm over pork including bacon. Check. Done. Finito.

I recently saw a short documentry on the making of chicken nuggets. Not that I was ever a major fan of them, but I definitely won't be eating them again. I haven't yet seen anything that completely deters me from eating chicken or fish, but I'm sure in time I will. I have seen a poster about eggs that has me a little hesitant to eat another one.

What about you? Any incidents or sightings that set you over the edge? How hard do you find it to be a vegetarian and are you doing this on a budget?

Share your thoughts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment