Monday, April 11, 2011

Over Indulgence and Port-a-potties {Yep, I went there}

Today I refused to drive behind a truck filled with Port-A-Potties. I also refused to follow a pick up truck that had a chain around it's bed that looked to be holding the bed to the cab. In this rickety bed were old, massive, car parts that were coated with thick black oil. In both of these instances (within 30 minutes of each other mind you) I imagined the trucks losing their stability and the contents rushing behind them onto the poor cars trailing. I would not be one of those poor cars. I saw the potential danger that lurked and stayed to the side.

Likewise, I turned down a cupcake today. I was honest with the student in telling them I was trying to lose weight. I feel like that takes the sting off of rejecting a child's treats. It's not personal it's business. Now, to train myself to see my over indulgences as trucks with port-a-potties and thick black oil. Those things I need to just speed on past with out giving another look or smell.
*****************

I'm thinking about signing up for this. It's a cause I deeply care about and will get me off the couch to a 5k. I could finally say I ran a 5k. It would also put me one step closer to number 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment